Altarum Center for Value in Health Care - Senior Health Informatics Analyst at Payformance Solutions
Please Note: Strong preference will be given to candidates who will work at our headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI, or in the Altarum (Parent company to Payformance Solutions) office in Washington, DC. Remote work is a possibility for the right candidate in special circumstances.
Altarum’s Center for Value in Health Care is looking for a full-time Senior Health Informatics Analyst to join our team. The Senior Health Informatics Analyst will support programs and products that analyze health care claims and clinical data with the goal of improving the quality of care while reducing growth in spending. This person will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team that includes product developers, clinicians, and analysts. A successful candidate will query vast amounts of health care data, apply critical thinking, and present meaningful results to internal and external stakeholders.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who will work at our headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI, or in the Altarum office in Washington, DC. Remote work is a possibility for the right candidate in special circumstances.
- Primary duties include analytic tasks and management tasks as a member of one or more project teams that focus on topics related to health and health care
- Responsible for project performance, client satisfaction, and general project management activities
- Manages processes for technical documentation, project briefings and reviews, quality assurance documents, and contract deliverables
- Contributes to requirements gathering, translation of business needs and systems design on health information technology and analytic software development projects
- Responsible for quality assurance and control for all processes and deliverables
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in fields contributing to a strong understanding of healthcare information technology policies and/or applications
- A thorough understanding of medical coding (I9,I10, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm, NDC, CPT, etc.) and ability to translate them into useful information through inclusion in software tools or use in data analysis
- Proficiency with various analytic querying and reporting tools, in particular SQL
- Knowledge and experience with relational database systems (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.)
Strong statistical knowledge and background
- Ability to produce high-quality, professional looking reports in multiple formats (pdf, excel, ppt, web dashboard) for client presentation
- Knowledge of common healthcare workflows
- Ability to analyze documentation on relevant regulatory programs (either from the federal register or summary documentation) in order to develop business requirements and system specifications
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a project team, with multiple communication channels
- Understanding of healthcare quality measurement and how to read and implement quality measure specification documents
- Master’s degree in information science, health administration, public health, or related field
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Knowledge of agile methodology and familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Proficiency in statistical and data visualization tools such as Tableau and R
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) applicable data exchange (HL7) standards
- Clinical experience in a physician practice or hospital setting
- Experience in any of the following: health information exchanges (HIEs) and/or regional health information offices (RHIOs), personal health record capabilities, requirements management / systems engineering, technical/data standards, interoperability
- Business development and proposal writing experience
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly-insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans’ health.
Payformance Solutions offers data-driven, turnkey software solutions that provide payers and providers with the technical tools and resources needed to design, evaluate, build, measure, and negotiate value-based reimbursement contracts — as a neutral third party. Our holistic solutions allow payers and providers to collaborate in an ecosystem that aligns financial goals with patient outcomes.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.