Analyst, Business Operations & Analytics
As an Analyst on the Business Operations & Analytics Team, you will focus on ensuring all parts of the organization have the data needed for tactical and strategic decision making. This role will be technical in nature but will provide exposure to all parts of the business including working with key stakeholders in Operations, Finance, Sales, Product, and Engineering. From developing data pipelines and organizing projects to producing dashboards for senior leadership, this individual will utilize a large range of skills to accomplish business goals. This role is an unparalleled learning opportunity for a technically minded business analyst interested in being at the center of a rapidly scaling technology organization.
- Work closely with stakeholders on creating new automated metrics to accomplish business goals (this includes brainstorming, scoping, execution, training, and impact measurement)
- Create reports on internal performance that are presented to the executive teams weekly and the board of directors monthly
- Build Dashboards that address key business needs either tactically or strategically
- Develop project plans, prioritize key projects, and fully execute data focused projects from start to finish (pulling in key stakeholders when necessary)
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and consider how this analysis should either be replicated in a tool or produced one off. Develop self-service options for repeat data needs.
- Work closely with product teams to identify gaps or issues with the data and prioritize their fixes
- 1-2 years relevant business experience (post college degree) solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Quantitative undergraduate degree from leading institution
- Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights
- Strong interpersonal collaboration and project management skills resulting in teams requesting to work with you again
- Presence to interact with employees at all levels
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, Apache Superset) or any type of Dashboard Reporting
- Superior hands-on analytic skills including very strong Excel modeling skills and interest in learning SQL and Python
- Clear and Concise Written Communication
- Basic Database & SQL Skills (Basic Queries, Data Types)
- Python Development Experience (Pandas, ETL, APIs)
- Web Development Experience is a Plus
- Experience in a high growth environment
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.