Analyst, Customer Insights
The Analyst, Customer Insights will play an important role in continuing to build Groupon into a daily habit with our customers. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and we’re seeking a hungry, data-driven analytics professional to help us keep focused on that mission. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to understand performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and develop plans of action to maximize performance of customer growth programs. You will be required to understand and interpret data structures and business performance at various levels of detail in order to generate objective, data-driven, and actionable short and long-term recommendations.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate data to understand macro business trends and measure effectiveness of campaigns, programs, tests, promotions and merchandising
- Track programmatic performance through the creation of standard and ad hoc analyses
- Develop insights to identify areas of opportunity, and take action through partnership with Merchandising, Channel Marketing, Product & Engineering and various other teams
- Communicate performance trends and analyses to key stakeholders across the organization
- 2+ years professional business data analytics experience
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Business, or Economics
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel database management skills and strong SQL required
- Experience with Tableau, Hive, or R is helpful
- Prior experience in e-commerce, consumer insights, or marketing campaign effectiveness a plus
- Excited by working with data, measuring performance, and making objective decisions based on quantitative and/or deductive reasoning
- Self-starter, fast learner, adaptive to fast-paced working environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.