ANALYST III CATEGORY
Browse the Aisles: Peapod, LLC is currently looking for a Category Analyst III to join our ever-growing team! This role will sit in our Downtown Chicago Headquarters as well as support the Merchandising team in executing all aspects of the category plan.
The Analyst role is supporting the Merchandising area to review performance to inform and support Category Manager in driving business for assigned area of the business. Review routine reports, pull additional data from various data sources for ad hoc requests as needed, and perform analysis that provide insights that will drive change and improve business results. Support Merchandising team with administrative tasks to include item set up, item discontinuation, item conversions and various tasks related to product data fields.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Here at Peapod we call our employees Podsters. What makes someone a Podster you ask? A Podster is someone who shares in the ideals that our founders put forth when they created Peapod back in 1989. Our motto is to “Amaze & Delight” every one of our customers, each and every day. This includes our internal customers, your potential co-workers. We consider ourselves to be an innovative work place where open-mindedness and new ideas are encouraged!
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Category Analytical Support
- The analyst III is responsible for reviewing the business results for assigned area of the business and generating summaries to include insights & recommendations for the Category Manager to review and react that will lead to improved results. Insights to come from within business area and from collaborative work with cross-functional partners.
- Utilize syndicated, panel, or customer data to analyze the business, understand business trends, and provide a point of view on solutions
- Responsible to resolve issues and escalate to the Category Manager as needed.
- Vendor support
- Attend key vendor meetings to communicate business performance to the audience and follow up on actions needed to improve business results.
- Monitor promotional plan and vendor performance and advise on areas of opportunity and/or areas of great success
- Assist in the deal management process between Vendor and Category Manager
- Product Support
- Ensuring approved assortment is active at all times across the facilities
- Confirm the validity for all items set up with the correct attributes and adhere to federal, state and local laws.
- Collaborate with category teams, finance and IT to confirm accuracy of cost paperwork.
- Offer continuous improvement ideas of everyday processes.
- Transmit information between Ahold and Peapod to ensure accurate promotion information.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Associates degree required; Bachelors’ preferred.
- Analytical skills and ability to analyze data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel (formula functions and use of pivot tables), and Powerpoint. Access would be helpful!
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong, proven potential leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize information
- Experience in the Consumer Packaged Good (CPG) in retail and/or manufacturer
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Demonstration of natural curiosity of data analysis and how it can be used to improve business results.
- Passion for a job well done and proud to put your best foot forward
- Experience with working in a collaborative setting