Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
If you are passionate about learning and development and looking to advance your skills at a high growth organization, we are looking to add to our team. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, an avid learner with a strong attention to detail. We are looking for a candidate who can operate at a high level within sometimes ambiguous guidelines. The Learning Specialist will work in close alignment with subject matter experts (SMEs) and cross-departmental stakeholders to build engaging and effective learning solutions in support of Avantee development and business needs.
What you do at Avant
- Effectively collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand content needs and learning objectives
- Design and develop engaging learning content, design templates, eLearning modules and program materials
- Create, edit, and review learning materials, including eLearning modules
- Use editing software to synchronize voice and video content to work seamlessly
- Contribute to driving learning program quality and initiatives, operating with a continuous improvement mindset
- Analyze learning outcomes to continuously improve and enhance solutions
- Administer the internal Learning Management System and other learning tools, creating and running reports, maintaining and monitoring course content, and assessments
- Troubleshoot LMS issues and support integrations
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
Why you are a fit for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Adult Learning or Instructional Design
- 2-4 years experience in developing interactive and engaging learning courses
- Experience using Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, or other similar applications to develop web-based learning
- Exceptional writing skills and strong attention to detail with a high level of quality and accuracy
- Experience prioritizing and managing shifting priorities with a high volume of requests from various stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and effectively handle various tasks under pressure
- Excellent organization, project management, communications and interpersonal skills
Other desirable skills
- Experience working in a high growth or start up organization
- Experience with Workday a strong plus
- Experience in instructional design methodologies and training effectiveness
- Experience with or working knowledge of Working knowledge of SCORM 1.2, 2004, Tin Can (xAPI) and AICC
- Please be prepared to submit a project or portfolio for this position.
- This position is remote eligible.
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.