Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion is searching for an Analyst, Sales Intelligence based in Chicago, IL. As a member of the Sales Intelligence team, you have room to turn your innovative ideas into effective solutions for enabling self-directed action through best of breed platforms and tools. This position will be part of the Sales Strategy and Operations department and will report to the Principal, Sales Operations.
In this position, you will be responsible for positive contributions to the Sales Intelligence group with primary responsibilities in promoting automation and process-centric solutions. You will participate in the effort to operationalize sales incentive compensation, including the maintenance of our commission automation tools.
How You Will Contribute
· Partner with Sales, Operations and Finance on improving the operations and infrastructure that enable sales compensation practices.
· Perform reconciliation and dispute resolution as part of the USIS commission administration and calculation process.
· Extract and analyze data from internal systems to create reports of trends, forecasts and variances to identify opportunities for revenue growth initiatives for the business units.
· Execute with limited supervision and direction, drive results and set priorities independently.
· Works effectively with all levels of staff including executive leaders across all business units.
· Demonstrate good judgment in proactively identifying and solving problems. Show strong follow up skills to translate issues into business requirements, evaluate solutions, and execute upon remediation plans.
· Prepare and deliver recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes by forming the correlation between business strategies and drivers and technology capabilities.
What You Will Bring:
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Solid business acumen with some knowledge of technical tools for data transformation/analysis, compensation administration or sales operations.
· Good decision making skills with the understanding of how to prioritize competing tasks.
· Strong communications skills (listening, writing and speaking) with the ability to present complex topics to all levels of management.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals.
· Strong sense of accountability over actions and results.
· Experience with data manipulation in analyzing and synthesizing raw data.
· Should have a strong aptitude for:
o Planning and organization
o Attention to detail
o Creative problem solving
Education / Experience
· BA or BS degree or equivalent. Business, Finance or Information Systems discipline is preferred.
· Must have at least 2 years experience collaborating with cross functional units in varying levels within a customer organization.
· Must have experience working with technical business units and proficiency in learning new technology.
· SQL, ETL, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or Salesforce.com experience is preferred.
- Experience with sales compensation automation tools like Xactly desired.