Analyst, Third Party Risk Management at Avant (Chicago, IL)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:22 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 1, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
As an Analyst focusing on third party risk management, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape a rapidly-evolving program within the company which is critical to enabling business growth and organizational objectives.
This role requires acute attention to detail, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to execute on identified enhancements within a fast-paced but structured department. Avant is looking for an individual who balances the ability to think and work independently with a team player attitude.
You will be expected to manage assigned projects on a risk-based prioritization schedule; produce high-quality written documentation, PowerPoint decks, and data sets; and promote a culture of awareness and transparency throughout the organization.
What you do at Avant
- Ensuring compliance with consumer lending regulations as it pertains to Vendor Management
- Managing relationships with internal and external partners to ensure the required third party assessments, due diligence documentation, and risk management activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Conducting audits of Avant’s most significant vendors and drafting reports of your findings
- Working closely with internal business units to remediate deficiencies discovered in audits or annual reviews
- Creating effective reports and other communications to disseminate vendor management program information
- Identifying new opportunities for improvement relating to the third party risk management program
- Maintaining awareness of relevant regulations and guidance, including--but not limited to--FDCPA TILA, TCPA, FCRA, ECOA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, UDAAP, and third-party risk management
- Training and advising colleagues on the Vendor Management program and processes in support of the Avant’s Policies and Procedures
Why you are a fit at Avant
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Vendor Management or third party risk role, preferably in a fintech or consumer finance space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, with demonstrably strong PowerPoint skills required
- Proven history of taking initiative, working independently, and competently prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in taking assignments and executing both administrative and complex projects from start to finish
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments and external parties
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.