Analytics Analyst - Research, Architecture and Platforms
What you’ll be doing:
As an analyst / data-scientist you will design, develop, test and enhance Enova’s internal tools that enable the Analytics team to seamlessly build, deploy and monitor analytical models. You will use cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to improve automated model building pipelines. Enova has built a world-class real-time decisioning platform to power our lending decisions and you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to its continued growth and improvement by writing production quality code.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Use your advanced programming skills and the ability to design, develop and test programs for custom tool / package development
- Support and improve automated model training processes by using your machine learning skills
- Explore cutting edge tools and new machine learning algorithms to see their suitability and create Proof-Of-Concept solutions to demonstrate value to business stakeholders
- Conduct experiments using a variety of different data sets to understand which model building pipelines works best when and why
What you should have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Statistics, Natural Science, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to design, develop and test customized tools. Knowledge of one or more of the following is preferred: Python, R, Mathematica
- Knowledge of regression and machine learning techniques, with ambitions to learn more
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works well both independently and in a team environment
Our Analytics Team:
Enova's Analytics team consists of over 50 quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest cutting-edge techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics – This team focuses on building cutting edge risk, pricing, and underwriting models to optimize our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – Analysts on the fraud team use advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Marketing Analytics – The Marketing Analytics team is focused on applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain more valuable customers.
- Research, Architecture and Platforms - The RAP team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best practices within the department.
At Enova we have a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data. We are language agnostic, but primarily use Python, R, SAS, SQL and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.