Analytics Architect at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ShopRunner Analytics team drives insights in every aspect of our business including marketing, product, partner relationships, and engineering. As an Analytics Architect at ShopRunner, you will be hands-on with data to drive strategy, perform analysis, and manage projects that span across multiple teams within the company. This influential senior manager role will bridge business and technology perspectives to represent and grow the data assets of the company.
Additionally, in this role you will have somewhat unique oversight across the breadth of data in the system and will be on point for understanding the linkages and connections between systems and to ensure that common data is consistent across systems to enable a holistic view of the customer and an understanding of how systems interrelate or impact each other. You are someone that loves diving deep into the data to find solutions!
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The analytics data assets of the organization comprise the data structures (data warehouse) which house the “source of truth” business data along with the transform code (business logic) that processes the data into those structures from their source systems. As the Analytics Architect you will own the ETL code and the data warehouse database schema (conceptual and physical) – building and maintaining as needed while representing the needs of the analytics team and other data constituents who use the data.
In this role you will:
- Make our data better by understanding how it can be used to provide value and creating the ETL and data structures needed to represent the business logic and to organize the data into more usable formats.
- Develop standards and processes to ensure new or changing data is assimilated and communicated
- Be a steward for data use within the organization – owning resources and tools that help the community of data practitioners’ access and understand how to use the analytics data assets
- Get hands on with code – analyzing cross-system data to understand gaps or opportunities
- Guide product managers and feature teams in data instrumentation tasks – providing standards and best practices as well as analytics requirements for the resulting generated data
- Be an advocate for data quality, escalating data issues to development teams and supporting analytics team QA needs.
- Manage projects to drive your outcomes – with both direct (contractor) and indirect (coworker) reporting relationships.
- Dig into strategic discussions about data: making recommendations, identifying opportunities, and driving improvements related to data and analysis.
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of experience working with data in an analytical capacity (analytics, data science, data engineering roles) and relevant leadership experience
- Experience working directly with stakeholders, communicating complex results, and managing a portfolio of analytics projects
- Solid foundation with analytics, deep understanding of the details of how data is created and solving data problems
- Fundamental understanding of data architectures, including star schemas
- Expert at SQL and Excel for querying and manipulating large volume of data for analysis and visualization
- Willingness to gather and organize messy, "non-standard" or unstructured data
- Experience synthesizing and presenting insights, skilled at communicating both formally and informally to both technical and business audiences of varying levels.
- Excited about the opportunities in a startup and unfazed by the ambiguity and fast-paced culture that come with it
- BS in a relevant technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Experience working in an eCommerce or related internet technology business with in-depth exposure to Product fundamentals such as conversion, funnel, segmentation, retention, and monthly active users.
- Experience with the data and systems to analyze mobile app performance
- Experience working across multiple business functions
- Understanding of ecommerce marketing channels and attribution modeling
- Experience with R or Python for data manipulation and analysis
- Statistical mathematics and modeling experience as it relates to A-B testing, CRM (segmentation, churn prediction, etc), and/or personalization algorithms
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.