Analytics - Data & Reporting Engineer
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Five or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession
- Proficiency in SQL, relational and non-relational databases, query optimization, and data modeling
- Proficiency with one or more Data Integration tools (Ab Initio preferred) Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Proficiency with one or more reporting tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience working on teams operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience working within CI/CD environments and a passion for automation and system quality
- Familiarity with Big Data tools, such as Hive and Spark
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Impact You'll Make:
- This role is for a data engineer that will operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic Analytics platforms across TransUnion.
- Our multi-Petabyte platforms support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
- As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level.
- Success in this role requires a blend of skills in the following technology areas: Agile (Scrum) SDLC Data Integration / ETL Big Data & Relational Database Design Business Intelligence Reporting & Dashboard Design.
- Function as a core team member within one of our Agile teams building backend-end data applications and reporting services that support the Analytics platforms of TransUnion.
- Deploy and Implement leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services.
- Collaborate with product owners and team members on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards enabling end-user productivity and greater business insights.
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments.
- Assist in technology innovation activities such as research, evaluations, and prototyping.
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.