Analytics Developer, Data Science and Analytics
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, computer science or another highly quantitative field.
- A track record of academic excellence.
- At least two (2) years of professional experience performing analytic/scientific software development work in Financial Services or related industries or research institution.
- Deep understanding of analytic/scientific software development and advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning models and frameworks.
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with R; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Python, C/C++, Java, Scala, etc.).
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux.
We’d Love to See
- Experience with modern “big data” frameworks (Hadoop, Spark).
- Familiarity with reproducible research and reporting tools (LaTeX, Markdown, etc.).
- Experience with scientific visualization (Shiny).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to travel 5-10%.
Impact You'll Make:
- Develop and maintain analytical applications and frameworks used by the TransUnion analysts and data scientists both in the US and internationally.
- Design and write programs and packages for data extraction, segmentation, and statistical analysis on large population datasets.
- Research and evaluate advanced statistical and machine learning models, emerging tools and technologies in analytics and data science.
- Assist Global Technology with maintenance of the tools and frameworks used by analysts on the high-performance computing (HPC) cluster.
- Participate in projects led by Global Technology as a subject matter expert on machine learning and scientific computing.
- Provide support and training to the users on the tools you develop.
- Identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- Foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.