Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
Clearcover is seeking an Analytics Engineer to help supercharge our analytic efforts supporting our Finance and Compliance functions at Clearcover! As a member of our Business Intelligence team, you’ll…
What will you do?
- Own and maintain all finance and compliance related analytic data models sourced in our data warehouse
- Design and optimize our cloud-based data warehouse architecture
- Write production-quality ELT/ETL data transformation code with an eye towards performance, maintainability, and scalability
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and dashboards to ensure reliable business reporting
- Advocate for improvements to data quality and performance
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects for sourcing data
- Responsible for delivering new, re-usable business intelligence solutions and demonstrating value proposition to business stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to develop novel approaches to finding, collecting, and using data
What do you need?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Significant experience developing and delivering data solutions as a member of a business intelligence or analytics team
- Have a passion for solving problems using data and analytics
- Must have a solid understanding of data warehouse architecture and best practices
- Deep understanding of SQL, writing complex queries and/or stored procedures in current role
- Have used Python or R when SQL failed you or was needed for a complex report or analysis
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift serving as the Data Warehouse production platform
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools (Looker, Periscope, PowerBI)
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with semi-structured data types such as JSON and XML
- Experience in finance, compliance and/or Property and Casualty insurance industry