Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
As an Analytics Engineer at Zoro, you are responsible for learning, defining, and implementing best-in-class digital analytics tagging and tracking in Zoro’s ecosystem of websites and cloud-based data platforms. As a member of Zoro’s Data Engineering team, you will gain valuable industry experience in a leading e-commerce company. You will have exposure to all the touchpoints of the clickstream data continuum.You will be responsible for working with analytics and marketing teams to define technical elements of tagging and tracking solutions, you will interact with a team of software engineers to manage implementation and ensure optimal data capture for downstream data platforms, analytics and decision engines.You will also have the opportunity to help build testing and optimization strategies for this business-critical part of our ecommerce platform, as well as document and illustrate the specifications and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key IT and business stakeholders to define, implement and manage tagging and tracking solutions in Google Analytics
- Deploy and test code in GA 360 platform
- Perform quality audits and regression test data tags with each software release and site updates
- Leverage our tag management platform to review and test tagging implementations
- Utilize Google Analytics and Google Big Query to validate data collection.
- Organize, track and surface data trends
- Offer technical expertise to deep dive into Google Analytics and solve complex issues
- Track and document solutions in Confluence, JIRA, Google Docs and Lucidchart
- Work on prioritized digital analytics backlog
- Advance strategic initiatives and implement technical roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of GA 360 ecosystem, additional platforms a plus
- In-depth knowledge of tag management concepts and practice, preferably with GTM 360
- Familiarity with the technical architecture and operation of dynamic, data-driven websites
- Familiar with server-side coding (e.g. PHP, Python, Node.js, or frameworks such as Vue.js)
- Superior communication, collaboration and business-technical interaction skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail, experience analyzing web analytics data
- Familiar with data analysis tools and languages (Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, Python, R, VBA, etc.)
- Prior experience in ecommerce / online retail environment
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform for data management and aggregation
- Experience with CICD process and tools
- Familiar with agile methodologies and practices
- Experience using testing frameworks in analytics validation
- Familiar with the current digital analytics trends and challenges
- Knowledge of visualization principles and techniques
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.