Analytics Engineer at Sprout Social
Our Data Science and Analytics team empowers stakeholders across Sprout to access data to drive their decision making. Our warehousing systems touch and are used by all parts of Sprout's business, and our team plays a central role in ensuring the quality, accuracy, and visibility of that data. Our team uses a variety of technologies, including SQL, Python, Redshift, Airflow, DBT, Great Expectations and Git.
We're building diverse, collaborative teams that get the best results sustainably. Embedded within the Data Science and Analytics team, you will work with business stakeholders, analysts, and data engineers to ensure that Sprout's business gets access to timely and accurate data to drive decision making and reporting. Relying on your experience with data warehousing and writing SQL, you will gather business requirements and translate them into well-documented, tested and accurate data artifacts.
We're looking for a collaborative, organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and inquisitive learner to help take our data warehousing game to the next level. If you confidently write SQL, translate business requests into data artifacts, are comfortable communicating with both engineers and business stakeholders, and are passionate about learning, we'd love to talk with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 4+ years in the Data space as an analyst, engineer, or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing, operating, testing, and extending data models in a relational database
- 2+ years of experience working with both technical and business stakeholders to achieve consensus in defining data warehousing requirements.
- Experience with our tech stack: Git/Github, DBT, Redshift, Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Great Expectations, & Amundsen (or equivalent metadata management tool).
- 2+ years experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool.
- 1+ years creating project plans to identify tasks, milestones, and deliverables.
- Complete Sprout's New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Learn about Airflow, DBT, and the rest of our data stack supporting our ETL and ELT processes.
- Pair with our data engineers and business analysts to understand the systems we have for publishing data.
- Become familiar with data sources available in our data lake.
- Leverage Data Build Tool (DBT) and internal tools to add data sources to our production data warehouse.
- Write tests against existing data sources using Great Expectations.
- Begin documenting information about our warehouse data sources including lineage and data definitions in our metadata management system.
- Work with data engineers and our analytics manager to help re-architect critical portions of our data warehouse.
- Establish relationships with business stakeholders to understand their domain and data needs.
- Work with business stakeholders and analysts to create and/or update existing data sources for their reporting and analysis needs.
- Execute on reorganizing parts of our data warehouse.
- Serve as on-call for support rotations.
- Leverage tests you and others have written to monitor data flowing through our systems.
- Continue to document and develop tests to monitor and alert on critical data sources in our warehouse.
- Form a career growth plan with your manager and work towards it.
- Expand your skills by learning from data engineers, analysts, and data scientists around Sprout.
- Own one or more stakeholder relationships.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and data model spokesperson, demonstrated by the ability to address questions quickly and accurately
- Take ownership over the data flowing through our event-tracking systems by helping establish and refine governance practices and coordinating with engineering.
- Find new opportunities for improving data integrity, visibility and accessibility.
- Guide and educate other data users around Sprout to self-serve their data needs.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change your team in beneficial ways that we haven't even considered yet.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We're proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment-your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity-
race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.