Analytics Engineer at Vibes
Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns -- all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced BI Engineer with expertise in MicroStrategy Analytics Platform. You will be responsible for building enterprise solutions that optimally analyze large-scale data to create business value. As a member of the analytics team, you will collaborate with data engineers, analysts, software engineers and product owners to design and implement next-generation analytic frameworks to generate real-time business insights at Vibes.
Our environment is innovative, intellectually challenging, and fast-paced. Advanced development and programming skills, a collaborative work ethic, strong analytical skills and a drive to succeed are the best fit. This position is located at our office in downtown Chicago at 300 W. Adams.
- Design and architect robust solutions to analyze high-volume, high-frequency data and generate real-time business insights using MicroStrategy BI stack on AWS.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand, document and satisfy data and reporting needs.
- Design and build self-service advanced analytics products considering best practices around efficiency, data integrity, performance and scalability
- Create highly optimized metadata within MicroStrategy to facilitate ad-hoc analysis across large data sets with strict SLAs around performance and response time.
- Develop rapid prototypes and proofs of concept to help advance our analytics product portfolio
- Create custom APIs to embed and integrate analytics with enterprise portals, SaaS platforms and third-party systems
- Provide recommendations and technical assistance to leverage all capabilities of MicroStrategy platform to improve, enhance and optimize analytic products.
- Rotational production support of analytics system
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years IT experience with strong focus on BI and analytics
- 3+ years demonstrable experience across all components of MicroStrategy BI stack with expertise in metadata management, architecture, project design, administration, monitoring and maintenance
- Thorough understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence SDLC in an agile setting
- Expert-level knowledge in dimensional modeling, OLAP and SQL
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Awareness of automated testing and continuous integration processes
- Familiarity administering MicroStrategy analytics platform on Linux
- Effective team player with who can meet project deadlines with minimal supervision in an agile environment
- Experience working with MicroStrategy on AWS
- Prior experience with embedded analytics using MicroStrategy SDK
- Familiarity with visual data analysis and infographic techniques and best practices
- Familiarity integrating and embedding statistical and predictive models
- Prior experience working with large-scale columnar MPP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift
Our Core Values:
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry. Please apply online at www.vibes.com/careers