Analytics Lean Improvement Coach at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Responsible for driving the transformation of processes and solving organizational challenges. Executes and manages projects on Lean initiatives. Conducts in-depth data analyses including: gathering data, performing root cause analyses, and generating insights. Defines innovative solutions to business problems.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop relationships with key constituents necessary to deliver project results, including internal Lean team, cross-functional work team, project steering committee, and support functions.
- Improve Lean project execution methodologies and lead development of internal Lean team department.
- Collaborate with team members to understand customer and business needs.
- Conduct analyses of current state, drive root-cause-analyses, develop insights, identify solutions, design future states, and deliver solutions with sustainable results.
- Analyze metrics that align to business operations. Create scorecards, monitor scorecard performance, identify and communicate gaps, identify solutions, oversee implementation, and control plans. Ensure solutions are maintained.
- Develop and communicate project schedules and tools.
- Lead updates and presentations.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, operations, technical, quantitative, social science, liberal arts, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in process improvement in business operations, industrial engineering; internal/in-house or consulting or operational support capacity, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in managing cross-functional projects; 4+ years of process improvement in business operations, industrial engineering; internal/in-house or consulting or operational support capacity, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in process improvement in business operations, industrial engineering; internal/in-house or consulting or operational support capacity, or related with some experience in financial services and/or B2C/consumer-centric fields
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.