Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
As Reverb’s Product Analytics Manager, you’ll work closely with our Product team as a strategic partner to measure the impact of new product features, identify trends, prioritize opportunities, and foster a culture of data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate is deeply curious about Reverb’s business, customers, and improving the product experience by using data. In this role, you’ll mentor, manage, and grow a small team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists that align with product initiatives. A typical day will involve everything from exploratory analysis of user behavior across segments to presenting the insights from an A/B experiment analysis that inform future experiments and setting the priorities for analytics projects across a number of product squads. You’ll collaborate with other members of the Analytics team, User Research, and Data Engineering.
- Partner closely with Product to achieve shared objectives to improve the customer experience while making a meaningful impact to the business.
- Proactively identify signals based on user analysis, market conditions, and other metrics to advise strategic product decisions.
- Manage the Product Analytics team, which will include building a roadmap to support Product squads, hiring, mentoring, and leading by example.
- Advocate for the appropriate level of measurement given the objective, understanding the tradeoffs between speed and analytical rigor.
- Identify ways to develop, improve, and automate the way we analyze how changes to the product impact the business, especially beyond the bottom of the funnel purchases.
- Prior experience managing direct reports
- Ability to distill actionable insights from complex, conflicting, or incomplete information and present the results to a wide range of audiences, from product teams to executives.
- Ability to create a process to prioritize and organize requests from multiple partners.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and analysis for product planning and understanding impact, which includes experiment design, sample size calculations, appropriate statistical techniques, and sizing opportunities that maximize impact.
- Advanced SQL and Python / R: ability to manipulate data, run statistical tests
- Experience with a BI tool like Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc
- Familiarity with data science techniques, including supervised / unsupervised machine learning, recommendation systems (i.e. collaborative filtering), and model evaluation.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
This is a local position in Chicago. Please, no remote workers or recruiters.