Analytics - Service Engineer
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Three or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (Java, Python, Scala, C/C++)
- Proficiency in SQL, relational and non-relational databases, query optimization, and data modeling
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with various micro services architectures and commonly associated technologies, such as Spring, Kafka, and Docker Experience with Big Data tools, such as Apache Spark
- Experience working on teams operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience working within CI/CD environments and a passion for automation and system quality
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Impact You'll Make:
- This role is for a services engineer that will operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic Analytics platforms across TransUnion.
- Our multi-Petabyte platforms support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
- As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level.
- Success in this role requires a blend of skills in the following technology areas: Agile (Scrum) SDLC Services and Micro-Services Relational Database Design API & Interface Design Systems Engineering (“DevOps”)
- Function as a core team member within one of our Agile teams building service applications and micro services that support the Analytics platforms of TransUnion.
- Deploy and Implement leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services.
- Collaborate with product owners and team members on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges.
- Design and Develop tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations.
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments
- Assist in technology innovation activities such as research, evaluations, and prototyping
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.