Walgreens is looking for a Developer to join the Walgreens Boots Alliance Digital Team. This role supports both the local Walgreens business as well as the global WBA organization. This team is leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores Worldwide.
Joining the API team puts products built by yourself and partners in the hands of millions of customers worldwide. As such, you must be a self-starter, love learning new concepts, and have the ability to innovate and communicate proactively. You will use your technical knowledge and communication skills to assist in new partner onboarding, and the management of development for partner apps, websites, and other innovations. You will work on the documentation for the developer portal, and the social media accounts. You will work on various tasks like:
API Management, Social Media Communication, Partner Development, Service Innovation, Driving Revenue for the various API businesses.
- Works with the team to develop, document and pilot new products and/or features.
- Encourages new transformative thinking across the organization.
- Maintains current knowledge of technology landscape and emerging developments.
- Partners with vendors on collaborative efforts.
- Transfers knowledge & documentation across the organization
- Draws a system architecture or framework.
- Participates in the decision-making process to compare various software solutions.
- Unblocks, supports and communicates with internal/external partners to achieve results.
May mentor other Team Members.
- Assists in the evangelizing innovation for the organization.
- Implements core software infrastructure.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure code quality and distributes knowledge.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in Software Engineering OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience with management of object-oriented programming
- Experience with building relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience writing well-tested and readable code
- Experience writing clear technical documentation
- Experience designing, building and improving a set of team owned components and/or creating new products
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in Software Engineering OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience implementing CI/CD
- Experience debugging application issues
- Experience with Azure’s APIm or Google’s Apigee
- Knowledge of the Pharmacy or Healthcare industry
- Experience explaining the process of integrating various Walgreens API’s