Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You'll have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
- Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
- Experience in risk and risk control compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
The Head of Wholesale Card Architecture will play a key role in leading the architecture function across Commercial Card and Prepaid Card Payment business unit. The candidate will lead a team of architects and provide the functional and technical leadership to application and platform teams for the design and development of innovative solutions. The architect leader will partner with cross functional stakeholders, clients and partners to provide thought leadership, design and strategize next generation business and technology capabilities.
The candidate will drive standardization of solutions for architecture deliverables. The candidate will be part of Wholesale Card Technology leadership team and contribute and influence to develop technology goals, prioritization, and business vision strategy and ensure it is executed effectively. The candidate will Influence and steer budget spend, understand business domain in depth and is seen as a partner in technology, operations and product.
- This candidate will define architectural blueprint, target state architecture, adoption road map, best practices and development frameworks across the organization
- Lead the continuous evolution of technology platforms including introduction of new technology capabilities, architectural upgrades and potential integrations
- Lead architecture decision group and information sharing to gain feedback from the broader organization and communicate the architecture principles defined by the team
- As an extended part of the engineering team, this candidate will help drive a culture of inclusive decision making with proactive and thoughtful engagement between the organization, cross LOB and firm wide Engineering & Architecture
- Drive the business and architecture transformation with modern evolutionary architecture leveraging Cloud-Native, API, DDD, modern design patterns, private/public cloud, micro services, event driven and big data solutions
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.