Arity-Actuarial Associate Manager at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Actuarial and Rating Services team is responsible for defining, delivering, managing and supporting the use of all regulated risk insights associated with Arity's growing product portfolio. The team works closely with Data Scientists, Product Owners, and individual state Department of Insurance agencies to create and deploy innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Our key customer audience is insurance carriers and shared mobility companies who will leverage subscription risk insights we bring to market to improve the value in their existing programs and/or create new solutions for consumer needs.
As an Actuarial Associate Manager at Arity, you will be responsible for designing, developing, managing and leading projects in support of risk insights associated with Arity's product portfolio utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards and methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training. This role collaborates with Product owners and Data Scientists to develop appropriate product strategies of moderate to high complexity to support business goals and maximize the customer value. As a member of the Actuarial and Rating Services team, you will also work closely with external customers and regulators to provide support and recommendations for the use of Arity's risk insights.
- Uses best practices to lead and perform highly complex, high impact analyses, using creative actuarial, statistical and/or predictive modeling techniques, including proper documentation and evaluation, as appropriate to inform business decisions
- Provides thought and/or technical leadership, including contributions to improvement, development and innovation, and often serves as a subject matter expert
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are moderate to high complexity and are of moderate scale using accepted project management standards, with no guidance
- Reviews, evaluates and communicates appropriateness of actuarial/modeling techniques and results to key stakeholders that are well understood and influence business decisions
- Responsible for selecting, reviewing, using and ensuring quality of data used to perform moderate to highly complex actuarial and statistical services and determination of appropriate tool utilization
- Leverages understanding of insurance business, products, markets and regulatory environment to influence product and modeling strategies and business decisions
- Mentor and/or supervise less experienced talent
Successful candidates typically have:
- Bachelor's degree – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics
- 5+ years of property and casualty pricing or modeling experience
- ACAS designation and pursuing FCAS designation
- Advanced knowledge in the use and ability to learn a wide variety of tools, data sources and computer applications
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to present written and verbal interpretations of highly specialized terms and data
- Experience in leading the development/application of predictive models as well as evaluating models
- Ability to code in one or more programming languages and manipulate large, complex data sets
- Advanced product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, including professional standards of actuarial/statistical techniques
- Advanced project management skills to independently handle multiple project of high complexity
- Manage projects in a team environment, including ability to train, develop and mentor analysts
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment