Arity-Data Architect at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Data Architect will set and provide architectural direction to support business objectives and requirements that align with roadmaps, standards, and best practices; focusing on security, design, data quality, strategies, system availability and resiliency. This position is responsible for working closely with all areas in the company and outside to ensure we are treating data as an asset.
1. Partner with our Analytic Scrum Teams to…
- Lead an evaluation of different Cloud native Data Warehouse solutions
- Define and document best practices for our first-ever Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Collaborate with Product Scrum teams to refine their business requirements
- Lead data modeling design sessions for business product reporting needs.
2. Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information-use, security, access and governance.
3. Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded, governed and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Proven experience with designing logical / physical data modeling on Terabytes to Petabytes of data.
- Understands when to implement different design patterns and can articulate the pro's and con's for one solution over another.
- Must have experience in at least two of these design models: OLTP Design, OLAP / DW Design, Canonical Services Design, Data Lake Design;
- Require at least 5 years of data architecture experience
- Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Demonstrated a product mindset with an ability to set forward thinking and direction.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to 'translate' between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and present recommendations to a vast array of individuals.
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior leadership and drive alignment and decision making.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to offer why one technical solutions is more preferable than another.
- Ability to lead product discussions / meetings.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree Preferred.
Additional Experiences Preferred
- Experience with AWS Cloud solutions like Amazon Redshift and/or Snowflake is preferred;
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment