Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Arity Analytics team combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering and ETL, software development, and high-performance computing – with traditional business expertise with the goal of extracting meaning from data to optimize future business decisions. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter and more useful transportation a reality. The Data Scientist family is accountable for using data to make decisions, which includes building predictive models and developing new machine learning techniques that enable better decision making in order to achieve goals. The Data Scientist Family requires Analytic Agility, the ability to quickly learn new modeling/machine learning techniques, programming languages, and see how these ideas can integrate to optimize the business.
This role will be the Analytics leader responsible for managing a team tasked with the development of the Arity Fleet Utilization products. An ideal candidate will have experience building analytics products that deliver the ability to track a group of assets and drivers to mitigate and respond to risk in real-time. This role is responsible for leading the use of data to make decisions.
- Manages a team of Data Scientists
- Works with cross-functional partners including Product and Engineering to define requirements, develop solutions, and implement analytics products
- Develops capabilities in supply and demand optimization
- Utilizes analytical techniques to derive insight to enable the Arity business, as well as allow for our partners to understand risk across their fleet in real-time
- Builds visualizations based on Big Data that enables decision-making
- Manages complex data and data requests to improve the accuracy of our data and decisions made from data analysis
- Identifies languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Works on data and complex business problems to drive improved business results through designing, building, and partnering to implement models
- Collaborates the with team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and predictive modeling
- Utilizes effective project planning techniques to break down moderately complex and occasionally complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept
- Works with leaders to ensure projects meet their needs
- Mentoring and development of junior data scientists
- The development and execution of a communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative field. Preferably with experience in optimization
- Experience managing an Analytics team in highly dynamic environment
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SAS, Python, Hadoop).
- Expertise in Data Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience in the utilization of analytics techniques to derive business value in real-time.
- Knowledge of advanced modeling techniques, experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.