Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. We not only know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties; we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products to make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
This role is responsible for leading the use of data to make decisions. This includes: the development and execution of new machine learning predictive modeling algorithms, the coding/development of tools that use machine learning/predictive modeling to make business decisions, searching for and integrating new data (both internal and external) that improves our modeling and machine learning results (and ultimately our decisions), and discovery of solutions to business problems that can be solved through the use of machine learning/predictive modeling.
- Uses best practices, with coaching, to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs and executes on modeling/machine learning projects effectively, contributing to a wide variety of projects
- Communicates findings to team and leadership and ensures models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Collaborates with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and machine learning/predictive modeling
- Innovates on projects by using new modeling techniques or tools
- Solid skills and training in machine learning, statistical modeling, mathematics or related quantitative field
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in at least one programming language
- Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches
- Experience using at least one machine learning algorithm (e.g. Generalized Linear Models, Gradient Boosted Classifiers, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Methods, etc.)
- Strong communication, time-management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Understanding of algorithmic complexity and scaling of run time and memory usage with larger datasets
- Experience tackling large data sets or familiarity with tools such as Hadoop
- Solid knowledge of linear algebra and convex optimization techniques
Educational Background: Graduate degree strongly preferred in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field.
Compensation range for this position is $84,000.00 - $94,000.00 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you. Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment