Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Data Science team plays a crucial role at Arity by taking raw telematics data from plug-in devices, smartphones and connected vehicles and deriving insights capable of transforming our clients’ business operations. We participate in cross-functional, self-organizing product development teams. Along with product managers, software engineers, experience designers, and other experts, we research, develop and deploy services that delight our customers. Data Science partners to solve a wide range of difficult challenges. These include using raw sensor data to understand the reality of what occurred at an event, trip and user level. Additionally, we leverage these core capabilities to create business insights and services tailored to customer needs.
As a Senior Manager on the Data Science team, you will be responsible for leading and inspiring a world-class group of data scientists, data analytics engineers and business analytics consultants spread across several product development teams that detect sophisticated driving behaviors on the edge, enrich driving routes with meaningful attributes, and develop an in-depth understanding of users’ mobility patterns. You will help us recruit and lead top talent and have a key voice in the analytics operations at Arity. This includes deploying models to mobile and cloud platforms. You will also help create and support our business strategy for the product groups you support by being a strong voice of the customer from an analytics lens.
- Be a servant leader for multiple Group Analytics Leads engaged with cross-functional product development teams through coaching and mentoring
- Help the Arity Product organization translate our strategic vision into roadmaps and priorities using data science expertise
- Play a strong role in Arity’s ongoing management team discussions, where we evolve our strategy and tactics and address operational issues
- Support team efforts to enhance our culture and create strong professional development opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement of data science & data engineering practices and tools to create world-class capabilities
- Support sales and customer success efforts by demonstrating our analytics maturity coupled with humility and empathy
- Build the Arity brand by engaging in conferences, meetups, blogs and other external public engagements
- Drive recruiting by leading efforts to build relationships in the industry, attend career fairs and create strong interviewing pipelines
- Inspires/mentors/coaches people to be bold and do the best work of their careers
- Extensive data engineering or machine learning experience in a business context
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on complex, cross-functional projects
- Highly innovative thought leaders who envision and articulate radical change
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with high ambiguity; inspires others to embrace these conditions
- Proven champions of agile product development practices
- Respected by peers for their technical prowess as well as knowledge of architecture and deployment
- Excellent interpersonal communicators / collaborators with both technical and non-technical team members
- Competitive with themselves while being humble
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment