Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. Not only do we know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties, but we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team, people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
As a Data Scientist Senior Researcher at Arity, you will be a key contributor to the Data Science Research team, a focused group within the larger Data Science team, that looks towards the future of telematics to anticipate the needs of our clients in 1-3 years. This newly created team is responsible for tackling our toughest data and analytics challenges and prototyping solutions that can be brought to market by our product segments. Reporting to the Expert Researcher who leads the team, you will make huge strides in Arity capabilities by driving this portfolio of work forward using a blend of techniques and tools. Your experience in multiple companies and domains will lend itself to helping our teams improve their technical capabilities. You will run seminars and find ways to help the team improve current practices and generally contribute to a culture intellectual growth.
- Support building & evolving the strategy and roadmap of the Data Science Research team
- Make deep technical contributions to the Data Science Research team by building models, pipelines, or prototypes and reviewing the contributions of others
- Encourage risk taking and innovation while keeping an eye towards business value
- Support the Data Scientist Community of Practice bringing together practitioners across the team to drive improvements to current practices and collaborate
- Bring in outside viewpoints on how best to do telematics data science via scientific literature, conferences, speakers, and contacts across industries
- Contribute to the broader data science community via technical blogs, white papers and speaking events
- Help support our culture of intellectual honesty and openness, passion for what we do, hard work, and personal growth.
- Subject matter expertise in data science gained from academic studies as well as significant experience as a senior data scientist or researcher at multiple companies
- Strong technical capability to build models, pipelines, prototypes, visualizations and analyses using standard data science tool sets, e.g. Python, R, Spark, C
- Broad knowledge of the landscape of statistical and machine learning techniques and proven ability to navigate it to find the right approach and manage trade-off’s
- Proven ability to manage technical projects from ideation to completion and find elegant solutions to complex problems
- Strong research capabilities to synthesize the literature and other sources of new ideas, identify potential new avenues of development, and communicate their value to our business
- Solid communication skills to drive adoption of your innovations and better understand the company and its strategy
- Knowledge of telematics, insurance, data science on the edge, or other domains specifically relevant to our work is a big plus, but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $103,000 - $151,500. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment