Arity-Data Steward Manager at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
The Data Governance and Quality team works across the Enterprise to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Arity. Members of Arity's Data Governance and Quality team have responsibility for ensuring consistency and clarity of our data across our product portfolio. The team works very closely with product partners to convert business needs into data solutions that power our businesses.
The Lead Data Steward is responsible for leading a team of Data Stewards that manage and govern core internal and external analytical data for the organization. In this role, you will help establish, train, and execute capabilities that will advance the Data Stewardship program. Through this work you will provide 'fit for use' data to enable timely generation of sound end-to-end business insight by ensuring our data is timely, accurate, complete, and most importantly, 'fit for purpose' for our customers' use cases.
- Leads a team of Data Stewards, providing guidance and mentoring
- Partners closely with compliance and risk teams to develop data management capabilities to ensure compliance and risk mitigation
- Proactively drives and contributes to the common vision and communication, including elevating the organizations' commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate business data
- Implementing data governance policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management
- Notifies appropriate business partners when quality issues arise, and drives problem solving and issue resolution
- Engage in the ongoing and detailed evaluation and monitoring of data quality, integrity, accuracy and consistency, the identification of anomalies and discrepancies, and the contribution of expertise to understand the root cause and implement corrective measures
- Profile data to identify gaps/problems and recommend viable options to resolve
- Responsible for establishing data-quality metrics and requirements, including defining the values, ranges, and parameters that are acceptable for each data element
- Document and maintain metadata for data including ownership, definitions, taxonomies, standards, and reference data through proactive discovery, recurring subject matter expert engagement, and evaluation of current and future initiatives and capabilities
- Be accountable to define and document data and terminology in a relevant glossary - this includes ensuring that each critical data element has a clear definition and is still in use
- Compile retention, archival, and disposal requirements and ensure compliance with institutional policy and regulations
- Build, manage, and curate a data catalog of the enterprise's data to enable stakeholders to discover data assets
- Ensure data is compliant with defined standards, policies, and quality requirements
- Perform required activities according to department procedures, but demonstrate the insight necessary to suggest improvements based on the situation
- Bachelor/MBA degree required, in fields such as business, math, data architecture, library science
- 5-7 years of business experience
- Sound experience with Data Quality and/or Metadata tools such as: Informatica, IBM InfoSphere, Talend
- Demonstrates a refined knowledge of data governance and quality management concepts, practices, and procedures and have developed specific areas of expertise within the discipline
- Exercise independent judgment and attempts to address issues prior to seeking guidance from senior staff members
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to design and lead dynamic projects that are complex and/or critically important
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving/analytic skills; Ability to proactively determine problems, and articulate Pros, Cons and recommend solution
- Advanced skill in motivation, organization, analysis, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely with all levels in a clear and professional manner, verbally and written, and drive alignment and decision making
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment