Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Arity Data Science & Analytics combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering with business expertise. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter, and more useful transportation a reality.
The Data Steward is responsible for management and governance of core internal and external analytical data for the organization. In this role, you will help provide 'fit for use' data to enable timely generation of sound end-to-end business insight by ensuring our data is timely, accurate, complete and most importantly, 'fit for purpose' for our customers' use cases. Members of Arity's Data Governance and Quality team have responsibility for ensuring consistency and clarity of our data across our product portfolio. The team works very closely with product partners to convert business needs into data solutions that power our businesses.
- Proactively drives and contributes to the common vision and communication, including elevating the organizations' commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate business data
- Engage in the ongoing and detailed evaluation and monitoring of data quality, integrity, accuracy and consistency, the identification of anomalies and discrepancies, and the contribution of expertise to understand the root cause and implement corrective measures.
- Profile data to identify gaps/problems and recommend viable options to resolve.
- Responsible for establishing data-quality metrics and requirements, including defining the values, ranges, and parameters that are acceptable for each data element
- Document and maintain metadata for data including ownership, definitions, taxonomies, standards, and reference data through proactive discovery, recurring SME engagement, and evaluation of current and future initiatives and capabilities
- The data steward must compile retention, archival, and disposal requirements and ensure compliance with institutional policy and regulations.
- Bachelor/MBA degree required, in fields such as business, math, data architecture, library science
- 3 - 5 years of experience in data managements
- Strong skills with Data Management tools, Informatica Axon, EDC and BDQ desired, or similar tools like, IBM InfoSphere, Talend
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of data governance and quality management concepts, practices, and procedures and have developed specific areas of expertise within the discipline
- Exercise independent judgment and attempts to address issues prior to seeking guidance from senior staff members
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to design and lead dynamic projects that are complex and/or critically important
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving/analytic skills; Ability to proactively determine problems, and articulate Pros, Cons and recommend solution
- Advanced skill in motivation, organization, analysis, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely with all levels in a clear and professional manner, verbally and written, and drive alignment and decision making
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment