Arity-Senior Data Analytics Engineer - Data Warehousing at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Data Science and Analytics Team
Arity Data Science & Analytics combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering with business expertise. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter, and more useful transportation a reality.
This role will support data warehousing to ensure the accessibility and usefulness of Arity's data platform. Data Engineers at Arity work closely with Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to develop infrastructure for our massive repository of data. As part of a product team, you'll execute new ETL work tracks from inception to solution, supporting technical expertise with strong business acumen. You'll also be responsible for data manipulation and interpretation to help bring business solutions to scale. Success in this highly dynamic role depends on your ability to be flexible, curious, and quick to adapt.
- Develop and deliver data sources and infrastructure to support the needs of predictive modeling and analytics as part of a cross-functional team
- Connect raw data to business meaning and understand data generation and flows in the context of business impact. Communicate anomalies and work towards resolution
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Oversee the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs of moderate complexity
- Ensure prototypes meet the organization standards to allow transfer to production, if applicable
- Solve problems with a multidisciplinary approach, combining technical expertise with business knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Architecture, or equivalent experience or skillls
- 5-6 years of experience working with Hadoop/big data stack, Spark, Scala, Python, Kafka, Cassandra, and Flink
- Experience with data cleansing/purification, ETL and data migration
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain data pipelines
- Advanced SQL/NoSQL skills
- Experience being on-call/providing support
- Experience standing up a data warehouse/data lake
- Experience with automation and workflow tools
- Advanced data sourcing and content management skills
- Experience in time and task management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Advanced degree in an analytical field
- Experience working with streaming data and prescriptive "real-time decisions" analytics
- Experience with data quality/EDM/MDM
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn