Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Data Science and Analytics Team
The Arity Analytics team combines technical knowledge in fields such as mathematics, computer programming, and data engineering and ETL, software development, and high-performance computing – with traditional business expertise with the goal of extracting meaning from data to optimize future business decisions. We're passionate about learning new disciplines and techniques to deliver top-notch analytics products. Armed with billions of miles of driving data, we constantly challenge ourselves to seek out opportunities for new products and ways to make our existing offerings better. Our purpose is to extract meaning from data to make Arity's vision of safer, smarter and more useful transportation a reality. The Data Scientist family is accountable for using data to make decisions, which includes building predictive models and developing new machine learning techniques that enable better decision making in order to achieve goals. The Data Scientist Family requires Analytic Agility, the ability to quickly learn new modeling/machine learning techniques, programming languages, and see how these ideas can integrate to optimize the business.
This role will be dedicated to the Insurance Solutions team, focusing on making drivers safer and better predicting risk. Data Engineers at Arity work closely with Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to develop infrastructure for our massive repository of data. As part of a product team, you'll execute new ETL work tracks from inception to solution, supporting technical expertise with strong business acumen. You'll also be responsible for data manipulation and interpretation to help bring business solutions to scale. Success in this highly dynamic role depends on your ability to be flexible, curious, and quick to adapt.
- Develop and deliver data sources and infrastructure to support the needs of predictive modeling and analytics as part of a cross-functional team
- Connect raw data to business meaning and understand data generation and flows in the context of business impact. Communicate anomalies and work towards resolution
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Oversee the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs of moderate complexity
- Ensure prototypes meet the organization standards to allow transfer to production, if applicable
- Solve problems with a multidisciplinary approach, combining technical expertise with business knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Architecture, or equivalent experience or skills
- 3+ years of experience preparing data for building statistical models
- Experience writing code in Python, Pyspark, and SQL
- Advanced data sourcing and content management skills
- Experience in time and task management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Strong development knowledge and experience in Hadoop big data stack (e.g. HDFS, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in interviewing and hiring technical resources
- Demonstrated capability to learn new technologies and follow industry trends
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn