Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, analytics is at the heart of what we do. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our amazing Insurance Telematics team. Our team builds analytics-centric products and solutions in the insurance space such as driving scores and mobility attributes. Our analytics community is made up of passionate and talented individuals and leaders with diverse backgrounds. We believe in a culture of recognition of good work, continuous learning, succeeding together, and having fun along the way. Come see why we're one of Built In Chicago's best places to work in 2021!
The Senior Data Scientist will join a team of data scientists and data engineers to help the team derive value from our most tremendous asset – data. This person will be creating models and analytical insights from telematics, insurance, and other third-party data sources. This person will ideate and follow through with analytical approaches that support our team products. To do so, this person will be fully utilizing their data science skills, their expertise coding and working with data, and Arity's technology stack.
The day-to-day work of a Senior Data Scientist will include:
- Creating and deploying models and/or supporting existing models in market
- Gathering data and exploring new data sources to create predictors of driving risk
- Working closely with data engineers and actuaries to refine product offering
- Establishing and following data science best practices including peer review, code review, documentation, coding standards, and ensuring reproducibility and compliance
- Expanding their data science skillset through development opportunities and learning innovative tools and techniques
- 2 or more years of experience applying data science and analytics techniques to solve business problems
- Background in either data science, analytics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science or related fields
- Experience creating statistical or machine learning models for business use cases
- Excellent understanding of what it takes to efficiently work with large, complex data
- Excellent skills coding in either R or Python. Familiarity with Spark or SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with working in a server environment
- Thrives working in a team environment
- Enjoys communicating and collaborating with others
- Detail-oriented, double checks data/work against expectations, and takes pride in good documentation
- An innate curiosity and ability to learn new techniques and technologies
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $95,000 - $136,300. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment