Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Data Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. Not only do we know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties, but we are passionate about how these valuable insights can be effectively presented to the end-users of our products. On our team, people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
The Sr. Machine Learning Engineer will join Trip Behavior and Collection (TBC) team. The team develops the core engine of our flagship SDK product. This role is responsible for developing and deploying algorithms/models to detect trips, generate real-time insights and predict risky driving behaviors. We are looking for a strong technical leader and team-player who has strong ownership, who is passionate about continuously improve and innovate to make real-world impact to benefit millions of people on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with products, software architects and engineers to design data collections and figure out how to integrate AI/ML algorithms into Arity’s SDK products
- Develop and deploy data-driven algorithms into Arity’s SDK products
- Establish diagnostics and conduct error analysis to identify areas for continuous improvements
- Influence product owners on the design of product features
- Stay up-to-date on advances and changes with AI on mobile technologies
- Maximize personal professional development, knowledge sharing and contributing to a culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Degree in a quantitative or engineering field such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, including specialization in a software or Al-related field of study, or related job experience
- Strong fundamentals in math, data structures and algorithm design
- 3 years + experience in designing and deploying machine learning models, Proficient in Python/R
- 3 years + experience with one object-oriented languages such as Swift, Kotlin, Java, C++
- 3 years + experience working with large code bases in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with other technical team members and non-technical business partners
- Proven records of influencing others with leadership, technical excellence and can-do attitude
- Familiarity or experience in developing mobile app or mobile SDK
- Knowledge and experiences handling time-series data, mobile sensor data and GPS location data
- Proven knowledge of handling both structured / unstructured data in data lakes (with Spark), SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience with CoreML and/or Tensorflow lite would be a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $103,000 - $151,500. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment