Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML) Engineer
At STATS we have a world-class artificial intelligence team which has the aim to maximize the value of the enormous amount of sports data that we have at our disposal. As an AI/ML Engineer, you will work with our AI researchers on any one of a wide-range of interesting projects at STATS, which span the following fields:
- Computer Vision
- Predictive Analytics/Multi-scale Simulation & Optimization
- Knowledge Graph Construction & Mining
- Recommendation Systems
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing/Understanding
Not only will you be working on new and innovative ideas in the world of sports artificial intelligence, you'll have the ability for potentially billions of people to enjoy the sports product you will create.
What You'll Do:
- Develop new ideas into AI/ML driven products using our wealth of sports data
- Engage with domain experts as well as senior leaders and engineers to effectively deliver interpretable results
- Deal with enormous amounts of unstructured data, and developing solutions in a distributed setting
What You Need:
- Bachelor's, MS or PhD in computer science or related quantitative field.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Big Data computing design, provisioning, and tuning.
- Significant experience with and knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL engines, different data file formats)
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python, Java and/or C/C++
- Substantial knowledge / experience in one or more of the advanced areas: local, parallel and distributed file systems, SQL/NoSQL database systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management
- (Preferred) Experience with Docker or a similar container framework and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- (Preferred) Direct experience with TensorFlow (preferred), Caffe, Keras, Theano or Torch
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.