Associate, Big Data Engineer at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Enterprise Analytics team at CCC has an open position for an Associate, Big Data Engineer. The team builds platforms to provide insights to internal and external clients of CCC businesses in auto property damage and repair, medical claims and telematics data. Our solutions include analytical applications against claim processing, workflow productivity, financial performance, client and consumer satisfaction, and industry benchmarks. Our data engineers use big data technology to create best-in-industry analytics capability. This position is an opportunity to use Hadoop and Spark ecosystem tools and technology for batch and streaming analytics. Data behaviors include ingestion, standardization, metadata management, business rule curation, data enhancement, and statistical computation against data sources that include relational, XML, JSON, streaming, REST API, and unstructured data. The role has responsibility to understand, prepare, process and analyze data to drive operational, analytical and strategic business decisions. The Associate, Big Data Engineer will work closely with product owners, information engineers, data modelers, infrastructure support and data governance positions. We look for engineers who start with a base of big data skills but who also love to learn new tools and techniques in a big data landscape that is endlessly changing.
* Build end to end data pipelines from sources to fully curated and enhanced data sets. This can include the effort to locate and analyze source data, create data flows to extract, profile, and store ingested data, define and build data cleansing and imputation, map to a common data model, transform to satisfy business rules and statistical computations, and validate data content.
* Produce data building blocks, data models, and data flows for varying client demands such as dimensional data, data feeds, dashboard reporting, and data science research & exploration
* Produce automated tests of data flow components
* Use knowledge of the business to automate business-specific tests for data content quality
* Build automated orchestration and error handling for use by production operation teams
* Provide technical expertise to diagnose errors from production support teams
* Collaborate with team members in an Agile team (e.g., Scrum)
* Participate as both leader and learner in team tasks for architecture, design and analysis
* Coordinate within collocated on-site team members as well as remote team members
* Bachelor’s Degree or Two-Year Technical Program with a Programming Specialization
* 1+ years’ experience with complex data flows
* Programming in a language such as Python (preferred), Scala, etc.
* Open source big data tools such as Hive, Spark, Kafka
* Advanced SQL for data profiling and data validation
* Unix commands and scripting
* Hadoop fundamentals and architecture: HDFS, map-reduce, job performance
* Familiar with common collaboration tools such as Git and JIRA
* Advanced transformations and statistical computations using Spark-SQL and Hive programming
* Experience with development of metadata-driven and fully parameterized data processing applications
CCC Information Services employees are part of an inclusive culture that brings together diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our team is defined by our values of: Integrity, Customer-Focus, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and Tenacity. Together, we help our clients and each other achieve new goals.
CCC is committed to providing employees with opportunities to advance their careers and skillsets. CCC team members receive access to training and education reimbursement is available.
CCC offers competitive compensation, which may include bonuses and stock options, and generous benefits. Health insurance, PTO, 401K, are just some of the benefits available to team members. CCC’s top priority is the health and safety of our clients and our staff, which is why we have expanded our remote work benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualified job candidates will be interviewed by phone and video. Dependent upon role and responsibilities, new hires will be eligible for remote work immediately, with all necessary office equipment provided upon start date.
Each team member plays an important role in the company’s success and each team member has a voice. CCC employee engagement and job satisfaction ratings consistently exceed industry norms – underscoring the value CCC places on its employees.