Associate Business Intelligence Analyst at PerkSpot
Work here to build data stories and bring insights that help us better serve our customers.
PerkSpot is looking for a take-charge Business Intelligence Analyst, preferably with a background in consumer E-commerce. This role will manage and evolve data systems, and ensure the integrity of data.
PerkSpot is a benefits company that offers perks and discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work to secure exclusive discounts from top brands like Apple, Target, and Samsung, which are then bundled into one, easy-to-use platform. From there, we partner with some of America’s top employers, like Walgreen’s, McDonald’s, and Lyft, who provide those discounts to employees so they can start to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re working hard to carry out that mission to this day. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the tech and human resources industry, but we’re committed to doing even more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. We may have started small, but we’ve grown quickly, and proved ourselves and our product while doing so. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology – specifically machine learning and AI – to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
Currently at PerkSpot we rely on several tools to handle our data and reporting needs, including but not limited to:
SQL Server, Heap Analytics, Power BI, Klipfolio, VWO, SailThru, Salesforce, Zendesk, Quickbooks
While data is not a new concept here at PerkSpot, we have a lot of room for improvement. We are in transition into a company wide BI tool to put data into the hands of those who need it. With your expertise and focused attention, you will make data more accessible and digestible, helping us to make better informed decisions and understand the stories behind the data.
As a member of the PerkSpot Operations team you’ll live our team culture, which includes being user-centric, data driven, and results oriented. We are a scrappy team that wears multiple hats, so we are always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. We are constantly learning and growing professionally. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about e-commerce and looking to grow their business responsibilities and expertise.
This role will initially report to the CFO, but that may change as the PerkSpot organization continues to grow.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Mathematics or Business preferred
- 2-5 years of professional data analysis experience required
- Work experience in B2C or B2B2C E-commerce
- Proficiency in SQL, data analysis, advanced Excel and report development
- Experience with dashboard creation and data visualization
- Knowledge of modern data warehouse concepts
- Experience with business modeling and forecasting techniques
- Experience working with non-technical business owners, demonstrating ability to translate non-technical requirements into a technical specification and solution
A successful candidate will be:
- Self-directed, with a strong sense of ownership and a deep understanding of BI solutions
- A results-oriented and dynamic individual with a hands-on mentality
- A strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to understand data needs, deliver insights, and create a vision rather than simply run reports
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, and gain a better understanding of all the stakeholders
- Get to understand the different data warehouses, how data is structured & where it is housed.
- Familiarize yourself with the current tools and systems, transition BI responsibilities from current owners
- Identify what report / training / documentation needs need to be met
- Develop an initial 90 day plan for immediate improvements in data accuracy and transparency
- Learn how we get things done at PerkSpot -- raise the bar!
Throughout Your Career Here
- Become the Business Intelligence thought leader at PerkSpot
- Deliver key strategic BI initiatives
- Provide strategic insights that will continue to grow the business
- Develop your career as a Business Intelligence professional
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.