Associate Data Analytics Engineer at OCC
The Associate Data Analytics Engineer will be responsible for designing and delivering scalable and resilient data solutions
supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities. You will help to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization while leading through creative thinking in building data solutions. You will be part of the Enterprise Reporting and Analytics team, a diverse group of dedicated engineers who are very passionate about data. You will work closely with business and technical partners, internal and external. You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and handling streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from different sources in different formats.
Additionally, you will learn the administration of analytics server tools and assist in admin and maintenance of analytics servers.
You will have a rare and challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge and experience, acquire new skills and grow with us.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 2+ years of software development experience with SQL.
- 2+ years of software development experience using Python, Java, Scala or other programming language.
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, or Looker.
- Experience or familiarity with Cloud ecosystem (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Desire and ability to learn other programming languages and software development tools.
- Knowledge of data warehousing design concepts, various data management systems (structured and semi-structured) and integration with various database technologies (Relational, NoSQL).
- Hands-on knowledge of ETL and Data Prep tools (like Alteryx, Talend, Attunity) is a plus.
- Server administration experience is a plus, including security configuration.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark.
- Understanding of designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of financial markets with trade and settlement lifecycle is a plus.