CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Enterprise Analytics team at CCC is seeking an Associate, Data Visualization Engineer/Designer that turns data into high business value information. The team provides analytical solutions for all CCC’s customers from insurance carriers, repair shops, parts manufacturers, and vehicle manufacturers. CCC solutions for these customers involves vehicle property damage and repair; medical claims, and telematics data.
The ideal candidate has a passion for data, storytelling, and design. You will be expected translate client needs into actionable dashboards that offer deep insight into data with app-like performance. Your work will be both technical and visual – straddling the divide of technology and art.
- Source data from a variety of Big Data sources including Oracle, Hive and Redshift
- Work with a development team to create exciting visual insights into tough business problems for both internal and external clients
- Work with various stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into creative solutions
- Collaborate with data engineers to understand the data architecture, gaps and logic, which you will translate into dashboard solutions
- Pursing or completing a Master’s Degree a plus
- Visual design, visualizing information and UX aesthetics skills
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Understanding of design principles i.e. color theory or composition theory
- Fundamental knowledge of Tableau (preferred) or MicroStrategy
- Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server a plus
- Passing knowledge of SQL and database schemas
- SQL and Excel development a plus