Associate Database Administrator
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a creative Associate Database Administrator to join our Infrastructure team. Our team is passionate about automating our infrastructure and ensuring that we stay current with the latest technology practices. The Associate Database Administrator will deal with terabytes of data for all of our development and data science teams.
If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Maintaining infrastructure (data stores, ETL tools)
- Optimizing queries for our SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Performance tuning and advising developers on best practices for data loads between data lake, internal data structures, internal and external API’s
- Brainstorming with data science and development teams and suggesting data and architectural solutions
- Creating and anonymizing data for staging/testing purposes for all development teams
- Collaborating with data engineers to build ETL pipelines
What is needed:
- Experience with MySQL or other relational data stores
- Experience with NoSQL or stores (preferably Elasticsearch)
- Administer databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) for scale, stability, security, multi-user load management and performance
- SQL and Bash skills
- Experience with common file and concept data structures (JSON, CSV, lists, dictionaries, data frames, etc.)
- Experience with data sanitization processes and creation of said processes for testing purposes
- Version control/Git
- Experience with any data visualization tools/frameworks is preferred. Looker Experience (LookerML) (desired)
- Python skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description