Jellyvision is hiring a BI Analyst
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
How you’ll help
As a BI Analyst, you will be responsible for helping Jellyvision leverage data to support all aspects of the business. You’ll provide critical analytics and reporting to teams across the organization, including Sales, Account Management, Product, and Operations. In addition, you’ll work closely with other data-centric teams (like Data Engineering, Data Science, and User Research) to advance our enterprise data capabilities by helping to build, maintain, and improve upon our enterprise data layer.
What you’ll do
- Create reports, visualizations, and dashboards for teams across the organization
- Gather reporting and data requirements to support business needs from cross-functional teams, and work closely with Data Engineers to ensure those requirements are met
- Provide ad-hoc data, analytics, and insights to internal stakeholders
- Enhance our analytics offerings by helping to build and define data models and analytics layers to support business needs
- Assist in creating/administering tools and trainings to help stakeholders access analytics features quickly and efficiently
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 2+ years in data analytics or business intelligence
- Strong SQL skills
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex or unclear business requests into data requirements and insights
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with unstructured data (e.g., JSON or text)
- Hands on experience using Data Visualization/BI Tools to create reports (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Comfortable managing multiple contexts, and able to shift between tasks quickly
- Experience supporting strategic analyses which drive decision making
- Data Warehouse experience preferred (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Proficiency in a programming language like R or Python for data manipulation or analysis (preferred)
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Ambiguity
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Instills Trust
Jellyvision is committed to fostering a more inclusive workplace where people across all dimensions of diversity and intersectionality, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neuro-diversity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or country of origin are welcomed, valued, and celebrated! We have an opportunity to increase representation at all levels and need your unique talents, background and perspectives. We look forward to your contributions to our team.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!