project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to work across the organization with various business teams, marketing, product and engineering to distill, visualize and prepare recommendations from our vast data collection. In this role, you will have the ability to fundamentally change the freight industry by providing insights never before available!
- Explore the data available in our data lake and identify industry metrics useful for our customers and partners
- Become an industry expert (if you’re not already!) in the freight logistics space as it pertains to data visualization. Act as a subject matter expert (SME) internally to other teams to help facilitate the best visualizations for our data
- Identify current and future KPIs for the company and build reporting and automation for real time updates to drive decision making
- Serve as a technical expert capable of building reporting and visualization solutions as a new practice in the company
- Understand how our customers are using our products and build reports to measure the success of our products
- Build and maintain the processes in which BI is governed internally at project44. This will include building an internal work queue and prioritization process
- Help the overall team create and maintain best practices for our data lake
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Academic background in math, computer science, or related quantitative field.
- Fundamental knowledge of applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mathematics
- At least 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience taking datasets and creating actionable reports / visualizations for the purpose of communicating recommendations / help decision making.
- Deep experience with a BI tool like Tableau, Domo, Qlik, Pentaho, etc.
- Able to balance multiple projects, and drive projects to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to produce high quality and concise deliverables.
- Preference to have a solid understanding of additional North American freight modes (Parcel, LTL, Truckload, Rail/Intermodal, Expedited, etc.)
- Experience working with fast-growth technology company, strongly preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States