Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing the data and reporting necessary for intelligent decision making. The Business Intelligence Analyst will demonstrate knowledge of business intelligence concepts, practices, and procedures, and will complete daily tasks following quality and process standards with little supervision while relying on experience and the input of others to plan and accomplish goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform ad hoc data extraction, analysis, and interpretation
- Partner with the development and product teams in gathering requirements, designing, testing, and supporting the development of data structures
- Design and automate self-service reporting solutions
- Troubleshoot data mining, data integration, and data quality issues
- Work with business units to educate and improve the understanding of data and analysis
- Gather and consult on project requirements from stakeholders
- Create and maintain consistency in reporting across the product line
- Document and adhere to standard analytics and reporting processes
- 5 years of professional experience relevant to business intelligence and/or data analysis and a demonstrated working knowledge of relational databases, data mining, and reporting/analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of SQL
- Understanding of data warehousing, star schemas, and dimensional modeling methodologies
- Understanding of reporting tools, like SSRS, Power BI, and Tableau
- Understanding data science concepts
- Experience with data visualization and the ability to turn data into stories
- Ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with little supervision
- Ability to recognize problems and issues, and help develop and implement solutions
- Ability to interface effectively with teammates and other business units
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively drive business outcomes
- Must be committed to building and managing internal and external customer relationships to support communication and progress of company objectives by providing high levels of customer service
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.