BI Engineering Lead at KeHE Distributors
Where KeHE goes, goodness follows.
KeHE has grown tremendously over the years by exceeding expectations and bringing goodness in all we do. We’re now bringing that same goodness to our workforce by creating friction-free processes.
We’re focused on simple and intuitive ways to work. We’re building systems where our employees come together each day and do what truly makes us human; collaborate, share, and connect.
You’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in new and interesting ways. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a team where our collective intelligence, collective effort, and collective passion is brought together to do something worth doing!
As a lead engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of KeHE by engaging with internal business stakeholders of all levels across the business, consult with them, and provide support & guidance in defining and delivering their BI needs by turning data into actionable information.
You will also be responsible for the design of the data warehouse data/information architecture, which maps to the data warehouse architecture and balances the need for access against security and performance requirements.
This position provides strategic enterprise data technical vision (3-5 years out) while directing immediate tactical data architecture initiatives. Additionally, the position will ensure the overall quality of technology data implementations across multiple domains, including data management, data integration, data quality, data reporting, and data analytics supporting multiple business units, development and operations managers, and their teams.
- Owns the Solution Architecture and ensures best practices and internal processes are followed when solutions are designed and implemented
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks with overlapping time frames and facilitate construction of 90 day forecast
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for effective management of the DW/BI environment.
- Perform full lifecycle Business Intelligence (BI) development, working closely with stakeholders
- Identify data sources, provide data flow diagrams, and document source to target mapping and process.
- Design and develop SQL for large complex ETL jobs and conduct related database maintenance
- Propose innovative SQL Server Analysis Services tabular models for solving ambiguous business problems
- Develop data models and data pipelines in AWS cloud environment leveraging data lake and Redshift
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning, aggregations etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain intuitive, scalable reports, dashboards, and metrics using Microsoft reporting platform
- Recognize and adopt best practices in developing analytical insights including data integrity, analysis, test design, validation, and documentation.
- Proactively promotes data quality and security through recommended approaches and practices
- Lead and coordinate implementation activities
- Provide guidance and mentor junior team members
- Keep current with Business Intelligence data trends and technological innovations
- Execute on POC’s with new technologies, drive innovation, and new ideas
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
This position has the opportunity to manage employees from entry to mid-level product professionals. Teams are responsible for prioritizing, designing and delivering features for KeHE software products in an agile development environment. This includes but is not limited to roles such as product owners, business analysts, data modelers, data scientists, and BI engineers.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of direct experience using databases, including Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing with SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular), PowerBI
- Ability and experience in leading teams
- Strong understanding data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices including multi-dimensional modelling (star schemas, snowflakes, de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions)
- Cloud architecture experience, preferably in AWS (Azure or Google will also be considered)
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge on T-SQL / DAX
- Strong communication skills, both verbally, and written
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies to business problems
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing BI Landscape
- Knowledge of modern development techniques: Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with automation using but not limited to Java, C#, Python, Pyspark