Big Data Analyst
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant is looking for a Big Data Analyst to join the team in Chicago. As a Big Data Analyst, you will be responsible for modeling, developing, and validating reporting and analytics data sets in our data warehouse. We are looking for someone with strong technical, analytical, and organizational capabilities who is just as comfortable developing new pathways in SQL and Python as they are interacting with business leaders to define key metrics. A successful Big Data Analyst will develop a thorough understanding of our numerous data sources and work with senior business stakeholders to publish trusted, governed data sets that can be utilized in Avant's most important reporting and analysis.
What you do at Avant:
- Modeling new data sets that can be incorporated into the data warehouse.
- Performing end to end ETL work, developing SQL and Python code to transform and aggregate raw data sets into output suitable for reporting and analysis.
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA.
- Overseeing the data governance and change management process for key metrics.
- Working with our Product Development team to ensure that new data elements are managed properly.
- Collaborating with our Data Services and Business Intelligence teams to ensure that all Avant teams have the information necessary to make data-driven decisions.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent work
- 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with Postgres
- Experience working in a Hadoop Environment
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description