Big Data Analyst
What you do at Avant:
- Modeling new data sets that can be incorporated into the data warehouse.
- Performing end to end ETL work, developing SQL and Python code to transform and aggregate raw data sets into output suitable for reporting and analysis.
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA.
- Overseeing the data governance and change management process for key metrics.
- Working with our Product Development team to ensure that new data elements are managed properly.
- Collaborating with our Data Services and Business Intelligence teams to ensure that all Avant teams have the information necessary to make data-driven decisions.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent work
- 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with Postgres
- Experience working in a Hadoop Environment
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.