Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole. You will contribute by:
- Implementing scalable, fault tolerant and accurate ETL pipelines that work in a distributed Hadoop environment.
- Developing platform services to operate the big data applications at scale.
- Gathering and processing raw data at scale from diversified sources into Hadoop.
- Building enterprise business analytics and reporting applications on Hadoop.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Proven experience working with various components of Hadoop ecosystem: Spark, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Oozie
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL queries (MySQL, Oracle or similar)
- Understanding of how to handle high velocity, high volume data events.
- Understanding of factors affecting performance of ETL processes and SQL queries, ability to work on performance tuning.
- Experience implementing data pipelines moving large volumes of data a day.
- Experience in implementing application in Scala on SPARK.
- Experience coding in Python
- Skills in real-time streaming applications.
- Knowledge of Scala.
- A development workflow using Docker containers.
- Compulsion for automating your day-to-day processes.
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby, Java, Python, and React.js
- Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Hive
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people. Our team has put together a thoughtful benefits package and provides a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, a tax-free health savings account, tuition reimbursement, generous maternity/paternity leave, and more.
Aside from benefits, we’re always finding new ways to invest in the personal and professional growth our employees. We’re proud to support a variety of employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is more than a workplace.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.