BIG DATA SOLUTIONS ASSOCIATE (NEW GRAD) at Epsilon
About This Role
The Big Data Solutions Associate role allows you to explore three separate rotations throughout our Data Warehouse, Hadoop and Marketplace teams. As a Big Data Solutions Associate, you’ll be working at a petabyte scale and in an ever-changing technology stack. You will work with operational teams on the creation of new datasets collected from the billions of internet interactions that Conversant sees every day. You will also gain an understanding of how Conversant receives data offline from its customers and will work closely with many of our internal teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Enable a data driven organization mine through its vast collection of data assets.
- Support the technical infrastructure on multiple MPP database platforms, including connectivity/cross querying abilities in Hadoop clusters.
- Develop code, data tables, and reports to support client-facing custom analytics.
- Create efficiencies through automation or enhancement of existing processes.
- Aid in the design and creation of data and reporting systems for media modeling and optimization efforts.
- Actively participate in the development of complex data initiatives, including gathering of requirements, technical specifications and prototyping.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline.
- Team player with strong entrepreneurial attitude.
- Thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Analytical, tactical and detail orientated.
- Basic understanding of SQL preferred.
- Linux command line interface experience a plus
- Experience in Python, Perl or other scripting languages or developing inside of a business intelligence tool suite a plus.
- Experience with MapReduce and/or any other Hadoop base experience plus.