Big Data Technical Data Analyst
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover’s Payment Services LOB consists of three networks: PULSE, Discover Network, and DCI (Diners Club International). Currently we have been working on a program called EPP (Enterprise Payment Platform) to integrate all three networks on a common platform, and provides the technology foundation to expand our global footprint to increase the transaction volume that runs across the network.
This position is crucial to the success of the EPP program. He or she will analyze the inbound data from multiple internal systems, design & solution the canonical object model on big data platform for all three networks.
- Design, construct, and implement the object data model on big data/NoSQL environment for Discover payment services line of business.
- Work collaboratively with system architects/engineers/technical leads and business partners for the data design solution.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop best practices for standard design pattern, and socialization process to ensure the reusability of the model and efficient development cycle.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management pracrices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- 7+ years professional experience in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a field related to Computer Science) or the equivalent work experience
- Object modeling working experience on Big Data, NoSQL platform (e.g. Hadoop Hbase, GEMFire) (one of the must-have skill sets)
- Data knowledge on payment network line of business (One of the must-have skill sets)
- Experience in SAFe framework
- Technical research capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills, responsive to service needs and project demands in a fast changing environment (Must-have soft skill)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!