Business Analyst (Contract) - National Flood Services
This position is responsible for the management of a short-term project, including data compilation and analysis work, facilitating both large group and 1:1 meetings, and creating data representation models and visualizations using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Cross-collaborate among various departments for information gathering
- Compile data related to current contracts/agreements
- Facilitate large group meetings, as well as 1:1 analysis meetings
- Utilize Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint for data representation/modeling
- Incrementally increase productivity without jeopardizing quality
- Work with other teams as necessary, to ensure that relevant information is shared as required and the appropriate actions are taken to meet organizations needs
- Present a professional appearance and a positive attitude
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Work well under moderate supervision but also recognize the importance of working as a team
- Desire and commitment to grow your career
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Limited travel
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge of the insurance industry a plus, but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to take advantage of growth opportunities
- Maintain and display a positive attitude at all times, supporting business needs and changes.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency at keying alpha and numeric information with accuracy and speed.
- Knowledge of basic equipment functions, such as how to create and maintain files, printing, copying, phone messaging and voicemail.
- Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
- Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
- High moral and ethical integrity
- Willingness to be coached, seek advice, ask question, and learn from feedback
- Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds.
About National Flood Services:
Making a difference in people’s lives is the core value behind our efforts and the guiding principle that connects our team of 600 National Flood Services colleagues across the nation. Our mission is to get more people protected from the devastating effects of flooding and we help rebuild lives devastated by flood. Today, NFS services more than 1.9 million flood policyholders and manages over $ 1.5 billion flood insurance premium annually for our clients. We embrace innovation and quality, consistently delivering solutions that provide viable options for property owners, covering a broad range of needs in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
By applying for a position with NFS, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with NFS employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
NFS is committed to a diverse workforce as an equal employment opportunity employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.