Business Analyst, Data Services at Morningstar
- Conduct business analysis for Morningstar’s next generation core data system that will power the products serviced by Morningstar globally. 25%
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external parties to analyze new feature/content requests to the core nervous systems, and convert business requirements into actionable solutions based on detailed, in-depth data analysis, including but not limited to calculation prototyping, usage analysis and data mapping/mining/locating. 30%
- Develop technical specifications based on business/data analysis of Morningstar’s database structure and closely work with development team to spearhead technical implementation. 25%
- Partner with product managers, tech leaders, developers and QA engineers to deliver data projects according to requirements. 10%
- Support existing data nervous system currently powering global Morningstar products. 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in finance, economics, business administration, or relevant field
- 2 years of business analysis and/or data analysis experience
- 2 years of experience with Morningstar software and data, or similar software programs such as Bloomberg, eVestment, FactSet, etc.
- 2 years of experience with managed investment data and any portfolio management software targeted for institutions and financial management professionals
- 2 years of experience in the financial data services industry
- 2 years of experience with the calculation methodology for equity, fund, and fixed income products, including portfolio aggregation, holding-based analysis, and return-based analysis.
- Experience with financial data analysis and modeling using Excel (2 years) and SQL (1 year)
- 1 year of experience with portfolio-related calculation including but not limited to asset allocation, regional asset breakdowns, Socially Responsible Investing (ESG), and equity/fixed-income portfolio statistics
- 1 year of experience working with data privacy software in the financial services industry to protect client data.