Business Analyst, Data Services
- Conduct business analysis for Morningstar’s next generation core data system that will power the products serviced by Morningstar globally. 25%.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external parties to analyze new feature/content requests to the core nervous systems, and convert business requirements into actionable solutions based on detailed, in-depth data analysis, including but not limited to calculation prototyping, usage analysis and data mapping/mining/locating. 30%.
- Develop technical specifications based on business/data analysis of Morningstar’s database structure and closely work with development team to spearhead technical implementation. 25%.
- Partner with product managers, tech leaders, developers and QA engineers to deliver data projects according to requirements. 10%.
- Support existing data nervous system currently powering global Morningstar products. 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years of experience in business analysis and/or data analysis experience.
- 2 years of experience with Morningstar software and data, or similar software programs such as Bloomberg, eVestment, FactSet, etc.
- 2 years of experience with managed investment data and any portfolio management software targeted for institutions and financial management professionals
- 2 years of experience in the financial data services industry
- 2 years of experience with the calculation methodology for equity, fund, and fixed income products, including portfolio aggregation, holding-based analysis, and return-based analysis.
- Experience with financial data analysis and modeling using Excel (2 years) and SQL (1 year)
- CFA charter holder (must have completed a minimum of Level 1)
- 2 years of experience with portfolio-related calculation including but not limited to asset allocation, regional asset breakdowns, Socially Responsible Investing (ESG), and equity/fixed-income portfolio statistics
- 1 year of experience working with data privacy software in the financial services industry to protect client data.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity