Business Analyst, Health Systems Programs at Walgreens
Responsible for providing comprehensive and complex analysis of pharmacy process to the pharmacy business and will assess new and existing pharmacy activities. Applies strategic, operational and technical methodology to analyze/report results. Responsible for collecting and analyzing performance data, and developing business performance reports and analysis that support key decision making. Responsible for mining various databases and analytics websites to collect analyze and disseminate operational data.
- Identify and review new opportunities to maximize pharmacy process, efficiency, and productivity in support of the Pharmacy Division.
- Evaluates data collected and accurately identifies and interprets trends. Based on findings, prepares and communicates results and recommendations to various levels of senior management. Prepares graphs, spreadsheets, reports, and PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Analyze financial impact of potential pharmacy process adjustments to maximize efficiency and cost savings benefits.
- Obtains and reports on metrics and data from Walgreens database systems.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop action plans designed to achieve effectiveness in the Pharmacy.
- Conduct in-depth, complex analysis of pharmacy operations/processes and recommend strategies for improvements
- Conduct in-depth analysis and collaborates with others to develop and execute process improvement initiatives.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement within Pharmacy Services by utilizing, reporting, and validating the value of change for the better
- Track project (i.e. pilots, etc.) performance and assures timely completion and attainment of project deliverables.
- Utilize knowledge of pharmacy systems, processes, and integration tools to effectively assist in the designing of continuous improvements in the retail pharmacy.
- Collaborate with IT developers to help drive new system enhancements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of operations experience in a healthcare environment providing operations-focused analytical support, reporting and recommendation generation.
- Experience developing and executing initiatives which align with business goals and budgets.
- Knowledge of pharmacy systems, processes, and integration tools.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and search for solutions.
- Experience in analytics and problem solving.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years operations experience in a healthcare environment providing operations-focused analytical support, reporting and recommendation generation.
- Certificate Required: Pharmacy Technician. Certifying Body/Institution: PTCB
- Experience in querying large databases.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: VB macros, nested if statements and other complex functions, advanced pivot table skills, merging and centering cells, printing centered page, etc.